PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

5.06.2014

We planted a garden

Well, three small raised gardens to be exact. Surprised are you? I know I am. If I grow it, certainly then I will eat it right? I know sometimes if I put it on my plate I think the likelihood is greater. Although even then I don't always do it. But if I grow it? Certainly.

For those that don't know me I tend toward the bland and boring side when I eat. I don't encourage this for my family. I try to cook some pleasantly mixed up dinners with lots of flavor and such. I've even recently decided guacamole is not that bad. I know I know technically if my kids don't see me eating the fruit and the veggies it's not as exciting for them. They won't be as inclined to eat it. "Does she even eat?" they may think to themselves often, as I typically eat the majority of my food after they are in bed, or when I have a moment to myself. Yes I realize it's not the ideal way to be healthy. I just like to eat in peace.

But now? If we can keep some plants alive and grow some veggies? I believe a change may be coming. Taste buds change what? Every seven years? This may just be my year to start liking everything. The kids are loving it. We dubbed one garden for each of them. They helped pick what they (we) wanted and planted it with us. They water it daily. They cut herbs when we need them for meals. Sam's leaves currently have something eating holes in them and I have no idea what that's about. Thankfully I have a seasoned gardner as a cousin, and another as a best friend who lives a few hundred yards away. You won't let our gardens die will you Ash?

So what if all we plant now in pots inside and out are succulents because I can't keep flowers alive. We can do this family.

No comments: