PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

4.29.2014

happenings

I've realized it's happening and wanted to put a stop to it. I have been so full of the adoption paper chase and the sports and the shop and the life that I haven't stopped nearly enough to write about it. I want so much to write it all down. So that things that I so deeply want to remember don't get forgotten. No more I say!

This post then is a smattering of happenings around here. On the 15th I mailed our I800-A form to the U.S. government. Yay for one step closer to getting our boy home! We are waiting now to hear that we need to do fingerprinting, and then wait for approval from the USCIS. Once that comes, we will have the final piece to send in our dossier to our agency, who will then get a bunch of state seals and send everything over to China. Today Sam and I picked out a little romper and some socks for brother. Samuel starts using a baby voice when he starts talking about his brother. He will talk about how something would be so cute on his brother, and "when can we get my baby brother" and "so and so already has their baby brother why can't I have mine.." Almost daily I  have to try to explain to my so excited little Sam that it's "going to be awhile longer". That "the Lord has perfect timing. Hopefully within the year buddy. I know, I want him home too."

So yes, periodically I go buy him something. Without knowing yet how old he will be or what size he is. Sometimes I start crying in the middle of the Baby Gap. So what? Certainly they've seen that before in there before. It's therapeutic truly.

My girls are almost done with softball and soccer seasons. And the heat is finally hitting Houston. It held off for so long I've been thankful. With the opening of the water area at the zoo I know it is about to hit us hard though. Looking forward to another summer spent at the pool.



No comments: