PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

10.22.2013

The Geranium Dress

So my girls are fairly particular about what they like to wear. I have made Emma a tunic style dress which she says she really likes, but she never chooses it to wear. When she really likes something she goes back to it repeatedly. I realized the other dress I had made is not frilly enough. It's pink and has flowers and all, but it is fairly short, and usually needs tights, and it has no spin to it. I'm always so busy now making products for my shop and for Thread Houston, that I don't tend to make many of the things that I would like to for my kids. Finally I have finished round one of dresses for the girls. I happened upon this geranium dress pattern, and immediately wanted to try it.
 For Emma's I did the flutter sleeve, the notched neckline, and two pockets.
 I did three buttons instead of four.
For Ab I still did flutter sleeves, a normal neckline with no notch, and she wanted pockets as well.
Amazingly, a handmade dress and a beautiful fall day made homework so much fun! 

Not true, but still a beautiful sight. Not the dress, but the girl in the sunlight.

I'm really pleased with this dress, and possibly will be getting a license to sell in shop. We shall see. I also have some beautiful voile fabric ready and waiting to be cut and made using this pattern.

No comments: