My friend
Emily, along with
Ashley Ann, gave a challenge last week through instagram to embrace the camera. Basically I was challenged to be in the pictures. I so enjoy taking pictures of my family in our everyday life. It helps me to stop and enjoy moments. Often because of that I'm not in them though. Which is typically fine with me except when I stop to think how they might like to see me with them. In all of the memories that have passed by, they might want to see mom in some of those moments. I love the pictures I've seen of my mom and dad with us, and I would have loved for them to be more of them. I realized how overly critical I was of myself. But I got in them anyhow because I would much rather my kids see me with them, caught in a snapshot of our lives, than not at all because I cared too much about how sleepy I looked or my muffin top.
Day One: smiles

Day Two: making memories
Sam likes to fly.
Day Three: everyday moments

Everyday moments sometimes look like me standing by a plastic safety man making sure crazy drivers don't hit my kids as they scooter and bike on our neighborhood street.
Day Four: creative
Never would I have dreamed that I would have a little shop and find enjoyment, refreshment, and beauty in sewing. Yet I am so thankful I get to take separate pieces of material: some old, some new. Some frayed, some scraps. And I wash them, iron out the wrinkles, pin them together, and sew them up into new creations. Kind of sounds like me when Jesus took over. Thank you Lord for sanctification.
Day Five: faces
Russell was gone for five days to Argentina. He and his brothers went dove hunting with his dad for his dad's 60th birthday. I think it was an amazing trip for them.
I was sooooooo glad to have him home though.
No comments:
Post a Comment