PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

9.15.2013

just shop for a just cause

This coming Saturday I will be taking all my inventory and heading over to this craft market. Click here to get all the details of the where and when. 15% off all profits made by the vendors goes to help fight human trafficking here in Houston. Did you know...


  • Houston is a major hub of labor and sex trafficking in the United States.

  • 18,000 victims are brought into the U.S. annually; 25% are brought into Texas; the majority to Houston.

  • The average age of victims bought and sold for sex is 12 years old.

  • There are over 200 brothels in Houston with two new ones opening each month.

  • The buying and selling of people is the world’s second largest criminal enterprise, second only to drug trafficking.

  • Within 48 hours, 1 in 3 runaway children are lured into sex trafficking.

I'll also be saving much of anything else I make to go towards our adoption. If you are in the area and want to come shop for a great cause come and see me Saturday from 9-4 at The Met Church in Houston!

2 comments:

everydaymomma said...

I had no idea:( I wish I was local and could come shop. Thank you for posting this!

Paige Willingham said...

Me too friend. Miss you!