PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

10.27.2008

Russell

Thank you Magen for the tag... this should be fun. Here it goes - my husband's favorite things, in no particular order:

- His girls: Emma, Abby, and mommy
- Hunting: dove, quail, deer, you name it... although his favorite is deer. He would love to go to  Africa some day and get a chance to hunt some of the animals over there.
- Tres Leches dessert from Pappasitos
- The Office
- our house
- Music... some favorites are Ray Lamontagne (we just got to go to a concert recently), Don Williams, Postal Service, David Gray, Sufjan Stevens, David Crowder, Hillsong, Robbie Seay...
- More than just listening, he loves playing music. Russ is truly a musician... he loves to play and create music of his own on the piano, and guitar comes just as easily and beautifully to him.
- Eating, particularly some of the Willingham family meals that include chicken and dumplings, orange jello salad, mashed potatoes, and mac and cheese. My grandmothers recipe that I make of chocolate ice box pie has made its way into his heart as well.
- Worshipping in praise and song to Jesus. Although not a role that he asked for or thinks himself worthy, the Lord has given him a position of leadership in our church for a time singing and playing Sunday mornings, and also for our small group. For me, that is what I want in leadership.. someone who is humble and aware of his brokenness, yet excited to serve where needed and desiring to share his heart and love of our savior with others, willing and wanting God to work through him.
- Serving me.... although it may not always be easy to serve a sometimes tired and grumpy person like me, I really think it is a favorite of his to find ways to serve me. There are no words to describe how much he does to help me in all of the practical ways of taking care of twins, not to mention the constant love he shows them. He brings me home flowers, gives me massages, brings home favorite treats to eat, and does all kinds of house stuff (changing outlets, putting up fans, painting, planting trees....). I will have had a difficult day and come in and find the kitchen clean, the dishes washing, the high chairs wiped, and an ice water waiting (for those moms out there you know how amazing that feels to not have to do at the end of the day). I could go on and on.. all to say he is a servant.
- Laughing and making others laugh... I remember before we ever started dating, I used to think that whoever got to marry Russell would be so blessed. Not only would she get to look at his handsomeness all the time, but she would be laughing for life. The joy of the Lord shines through my husband.
- His friends
- A good steak: Vic and Anthony's and Pappas Bros. are the favorites at the moment I think.
- Taking me on dates
- Making the babies squeal and giggle
- Me with short hair... maybe that's part of why two babies were made he just liked it so much
- His family.... the Willingham family is truly amazing. There are like 35 of them all here in the same area. They all love Jesus and they all love to get together, eat, and laugh with eachother. 
- Reminiscing about how the Lord brought us together. He loves to talk about before we were dating and then the beginning of our relationship when we were at TCU.
- Dancing... he does some pretty hilarious dancing.. but if he wants to he is really good at it (pretty darn attractive). It's a favorite of ours to two step together - that goes back to college days as well. 
I could go on and on but I'm going to stop because I have like three other blogs I've been wanting to post as well and this takes me way to long to do because I want to write everything that I think of and I can't do it all!!!! I love you Russell and am amazed every time I think on it and realize that I get to be married to you.... and that God gave us two little girls to love together. It really was my dream come true. 

1 comment:

Magen said...

Very sweet. You got a good one! Happy late anniversary! 3 years....yehaa!!!