threw them down on the deck...
10.14.2008
Pumpkins, rocks, giraffes, and water
The title of this blog contains different things that are related to what we have been doing the past few weeks as a family. The first weekend in October we decided to take the girls out to a pumpkin patch and see about starting a tradition. The place we went was really neat, but a lot of the things to do will be better when they get a little older. At this age all they really want to do anywhere is just run... and point at things, as you can see Emma doing in this picture. She was pointing at some ducks. I don't know if you can tell, but Abby is in the background.. also about to point and yell out jibberish (which is baby talk that I know must make total sense to them when they say it). The next few pictures were all taken playing in the area for under 7 year olds.




Running through the corn maze. A little out of focus but I thought it was cute enough to put on here anyhow.
Emma was not happy about being put in the pumpkins. Abby was just checking them out... Emma - not so much. It is hard to get two 14 month olds to ever be in a picture together, let alone looking at me while I take it.
The next section of pictures involves rocks. The new favorite thing to do outside is to take the rocks that border our flower beds and relocate them. Here they are played a tag-team type game. Abby started,

Emma picked them up..
then dumped them in the pool.
Resulting with a lot of rocks.
Also, they like to give them to Mae.

A few days last week we kept our little nephew, Cole. He is such a precious baby.
Abby decided to lay down next to him. Emma would more often try to hit him in the head with things (different personalities possibly???)
As I mentioned in the last blog I did, one of the trees in our backyard uprooted. For an early anniversary gift, Russ bought me a new tree and had it planted. It is a red maple --- I am looking forward to the color change in the fall. I don't know how great you can see it in this picture. If you make it bigger you can see better I think. I have such an amazing husband. Magen.... I am going to do the tag you gave me on my next blog. I had so many things to update on this one, I'll do it on my next one. I am looking forward to writing about Russ though.
We went to the Houston Zoo this past Saturday. It was our first family zoo trip and the girls loved it. That is the only time that I have not heard hardly a peep of unhappiness in a stroller. Normally they want to be out running wherever we are and I have to do a lot of distracting, but they were loving it. The giraffes were their favorite. Emma sleeps with a giraffe, so I think she particularly liked them.
She was looking up at one here...
These girls love to play with the water hose. They try to drink from it a lot, and end up getting splashed in the face.
Sweet baby feet.
Abby smiling at daddy splashing her.

Sorry about so many pictures. I just love pictures, and think that they do a lot of talking on their own. Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
i LOVE the pictures! even though i might see you once a year (if that)... i still get to watch the girls grow up. what a treat :)
love the tree! what a beautiful gift.
I loved all the pictures...the girls are gorgeous. They are at such a fun age right now!
Hi kids. Love ya'll and the girls. This site is my salvation. I have a couple of pictures for you, but probably would be better sent to an email address.
cris
Post a Comment