I'm not doing too good at this. It has been a month already since I last posted. There is an update. Emma said "Mama" two days ago for the first time. It's official. My name is in the books. It is the most precious thing. Even if she doesn't know yet what it means... hopefully she will soon. The babies are changing so much every day. They are both pulling to a stand on everything they can get their hands on. It is interesting to see the different ways that they have approached moving. Abby took it one thing at a time. First she army crawled, then crawled on all fours, then pulled up on low things to her knees, then reached up and pulled to a stand. Next she very carefully learned how to sit down from standing, and then she learned to squat and pick things up then stand again. Emma, on the other hand, still army crawls, wanted to pull up to a stand before safely getting to her knees, flops down in every possible position hitting all things around her, and gets very frustrated in the process. They have both gotten much sturdier though and are already trying to walk holding onto things, and letting go occasionally for a short -- very short -- stand.
They are full of smiles and laughter lately, bringing much joy to Russell and I, and everyone else we encounter. Among the many things that I cherish since the twins were born is the chance to talk to so many people everywhere. Everywhere we go I am able to have conversations with people of all ages and all races. People are drawn to them (as they are to all babies I know). I now have many familiar faces at different places that we go on a fairly regular basis, and am able to speak of love and joy to people all around. He has given me this opportunity and I am thankful. It has helped open my eyes more to others... to their circumstances and their hearts. These babies have helped bring me into relationship with neighbors and other people who are in completely different walks of life than me because of the joy that they bring. God can truly move across my feelings of discomfort and fear. He uses me through my weaknesses. I pray that He mold me to get myself out of the way and just enjoy loving on others, listening to their stories and advice, learning and giving in relationship to lead to a deeper knowledge and love of Christ.
I'm putting a few pictures here of the girls more recently. Once I update the computer with more pictures, I will put some on of them standing. I love ya'll and hope to talk to you soon!




1 comment:
Sweet pics of our kids on my blog!
Post a Comment