This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it! As I look back on what the Lord has done for us in just 3 short years, I am amazed. I began dating and married the most amazing man I have ever known, we moved into our first house, we got a dog.... we thought that was a lot of responsibility.. then... God gave us two of the most beautiful baby girls, we survived the first 6 months with twins :), and we found a church home to love and serve in. We have seen God answer prayer in dramatic ways, watched Him heal and protect loved ones, give and sustain the perfect measure of grace, provision, and comfort. I have never been as shocked in my life as I was 5 months pregnant going to see if we were having a boy or a girl to discover twins were on the way. After the initial overwhelming emotions that I felt, and after a physically and emotionally challenging first 7 and a half months of their little lives... I can honestly say that I would never have it any other way and that my heart has never been as full of love as it is on this day. As my life group leader said so perfectly, "Some might have thought one Lord, but you saw fit that Russell and Paige should have two." It sounds simple, but that spoke straight to my heart in the midst of struggle. I thought one.... I never even once really considered two.... but God - in His perfect and awesome plan... knew that two was better. Someday He might show me all of the reasons why, but for now I know some of them are: to refine and grow our faith, to show us how to love more like Jesus, to allow us to see our sin more clearly, to allow us to see His grace more clearly, and to give us deeper joy and laughter than we have ever known.
I miss all of you friends dearly, and wish that many of you could be a daily part of my life in physical presence as you used to be. But of course those of you I don't see often enough are always in my mind and heart. The babies are about to be crawling!! They are army crawling and inch worm crawling - but they are about to get a move on. I'll be in the kitchen and hear little grunts, and then four little hands and two sweet heads will pop out from around the corner. I wish I could explain how adorable they are.




2 comments:
Yay! Your page is cute and I can't wait to read more about my dear Paigey and her sweet family. :) You do have a lot to rejoice in!! God is faithful and good to you...you are a blessed woman! I don't know many cuter little families. Love you :)
PS - Luke sends a hug and kiss to the girls
I thought you were going to start blogging!!! I keep checking to see if there's anything new from P.W., but alas, there is no news. :( Update me! :)
Post a Comment