It's difficult to even describe what Beijing is like. Huge comes to mind first. Then crowded. Then just an amazing combination of old and new. Glimpses everywhere of China as it was hundreds of years past surrounded by the new. It seems like there is construction everywhere. From the busy downtown area to the small streets of the Hutong where there are mounds of dirt outside peoples homes where it seems like everyone has some unfinished building going on. A highlight has been our sweet driver. The first day we were holding onto our seats as he wove in and out of traffic missing cars, mopeds, bikes, pedestrians - by centimeters. Not inches. Continually almost hitting them by centimeters. We have now begun to applaud him as this is clearly his skill and he is very good at it. Sweet man has patted me on the back as I got out today motion sick, given Samuel his jacket as a blanket when he fell asleep at dinner, and ran Kleenex to Emma as she had her fifth nosebleed in two days. Yes fifth. Little girl has just random nosebleeds throughout the days - supposing it's how dry it is here in Beijing. Hopeful the climate in southwest China where we fly tomorrow will be more humid.
We made it out a bit from the city today to the Great Wall. Truly it is astounding to see in person what I've only read about or seen pictures of. However when I was taking pictures off the walk I was struck by how much bigger our God is. The beauty of His creation in the towering mountains on all sides of the wall pointed to His greatness. That He should choose us to be a part if His story in this way is beyond anything we could have ever hoped or imagined. We rode down by the wall on a luge which was so fun and rather hilarious. I can hardly wrap my brain around the idea that we will meet Noah in only 2 days.
Specific prayers that you can pray for us:
-- health
-- heart preparation for Noah and us
-- that he will KNOW in his little self that he is safe and loved. That He would feel that from us.
On a side note before I go to bed.. anyone who is tech savvy can you help me? I've imported dslr photos to the iPad. When I go to add photos to the blog they don't show up anywhere on the photo select area as even an option to add. Where are the pictures or why won't they show up? Help.. I would love for y'all to be able to see some of these pictures!




3 comments:
AHHHHHHHH!!! So close. Only hours before you get to meet your precious boy. I am praying that he will know in his heart you are his parents - that when he sees all of you, he will already know that you are his parents and siblings. God can work miracles and I believe that He can and will work this one. He has been holding Noah in His arms just waiting to hand him to you. Love you all!
So. For some reason I mixed up yesterday with today. I was convinced you were meeting Noah last night (our time). That's why I said hours in my last comment. My prayers are with you today. I now have my days straightened out and will be praying for you as you prepare to meet him. If I've got my time zones correct, you're probably getting ready for bed. Love you all!
Thanks for all the comments and encouragement friend. Love you!
Post a Comment