And he replied: “Go out into the darkness and put your hand into the Hand of God. That shall be to you better than light and safer than a known way.”
Excerpt from The Gate of the Year by Minnie Louise Haskin
I came across this quote a month or so ago and it has stuck with me. I am getting lots of questions from friends and family lately about Noah, China, adoption, when we get home, etc. I'm so thankful for people who love us enough to ask questions. To pray with us and dream with us and be willing to live alongside us in this journey. I generally answer as best I can and eventually end up saying , "I don't really know." There is so much unknown. Which has led me to thinking about how much unknown there is in our lives. Even when we try to control and plan and manage.. it is still unknown to us. This unknown where we are right now feels so real to me, so magnified. When in reality all of life is up to my sovereign God. And praise Him for that. I in my smallness cannot handle knowing all that He knows. In my weakness He knows I could not live and move and breath if I knew now what He knows. He loves us so He choses to unfurl His plan in His time. In this unknown there has been such sweet love shown to us. Such beauty in how He has chosen to give us this boy, at this time. I have fallen more in love with my Savior.
We celebrated Chinese New Year the other night. There was one empty spot at our table at the restaurant, and we let lose a Chinese lantern for Noah into the night sky. I hope to start learning more and more about Chinese cooking, so that next year we can host friends and family perhaps. My mother in law got them these (thank you Don Don!).
One of our lanterns may or may not have gotten caught in a tree and we may or may not have been concerned it was going to catch on fire.
In other news this sweet little nephew was giving his Aunt Paige big smiles this weekend.











No comments:
Post a Comment