PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

10.11.2014

What happened?

Like three and a half months have past and I haven't written here. The girls started a new school. It's a classical school where they are on campus two days and I teach from home two days. It's a wonderful school. I won't go into all the details in this post except to say we are really enjoying it so far, and it requires a lot of time spent in evening preparation not to mention the two days teaching from home.

I teach most home days like this...
The garage now serves as laundry room, school room, and garage. I'll try to post better light and better photos soon...


It has allowed us a lot of flexibility, where we have had some really sweet family time over the past couple of months. We went to Disney the third week of school, making up for lost days before and after the trip.

My brother got married!



We spent a long weekend at the ranch,
the kids and I went to Tyler for my new sister-in-laws baby shower!
So we have been picking up and going more, I've been prepping the shop with inventory for a couple great shows coming up in Houston, etcetera etcetera.
We've also been having lots of jam sessions in our house which we love and the kids get to fall asleep listening to worship and laughter and have lots of people love on them.
There have been 8 shared list updates to the China referral releases since we were logged in back in June. We have not been matched yet with our little one. I've been telling Russ each time a new list is coming out, I find myself feeling less and less hopeful. Almost as if I am trying to protect from sorrow. It doesn't help though. I'm still just really sad each Monday night that we don't see our boys face. And really sad most days when I think of him. Simultaneously I know and trust in His goodness and His timing and His perfect plan. I also know He sees my tears and sees my boy at the same time. And He orchestrates flawlessly. I've been through some times of waiting before, and can look back and know without doubt there was great purpose. However, I'll still cry because my eyes overflow with the emotion of my heart and I rest knowing that is okay. It's okay to grieve the days away from him.

I hope to be back and writing more regularly. I don't want to be kept from it from tiredness or busy ness. I want to have this time recorded. As I've said before, I agree with Jami that moms are the memory keepers. In the writing I often reflect on the Lord's grace and goodness as well, and see it more clearly.

1 comment:

labee said...

Loved catching up with y'all on here! :) Thank you for sharing your journey with us! Xoxo from New England! :)