PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

2.14.2014

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day is fun for my kids. I remember it feeling extra special too. A party at school, treats at home, special little surprises. I love you, I love you, I love you. Love takes lots of forms. Sometimes it's finding a special plate with their favorite animal on it to eat a cinnamon roll on. Sometimes its tickling until they plead for you to stop. Sometimes it's just sitting with someone and listening.

Sometimes it's finishing the mound of paperwork you've been trying with all your might to get done. It's getting to put it in the mail and get one step closer getting on a plane. I read this today by Elisabeth Elliot,

“Our vision is so limited we can hardly imagine a love that does not show itself in protection from suffering. The love of God is of a different nature altogether. It does not hate tragedy. It never denies reality. It stands in the very teeth of suffering.”

It helps me. It helps my heart. As a parent I want to protect. I'm the mama bear who stands out in my street to slow down through traffic so they make sure they see my scootering kids. It's an entirely different ballgame to have no physical ability to protect your baby. There is a constant pleading going on in my heart for him. A constant lifting in prayer. 

Which then makes me think of my other three. Who are here with me now. Shouldn't I be as intentional in my prayers for them? It's as if my physical presence gives me the illusion that I am the one with the ultimate power and somehow I control their safety. 


Tangent. Anyhow. His love stands in the very teeth of suffering. He is fighting for our baby. And I will do the same. Even if it takes the form of lots of appointments and signing. I feel some measure of excitement at each and every one because I'm going to battle. I'm fighting for you baby. 


No comments: