PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

11.03.2009

Ridiculous Costume Night

On Sunday night we had our 4th annual costume party over at Russell's parents house. I feel the need to put up a bunch of pictures and a few of the little videos that I took. If you have missed Russell's dancing since college or whenever you last saw him, you will appreciate his moves in the character of his grandfather, Papaw Erv. Russell got runner up in the best costume and character contest for the 3rd year in a row. Last year he was Serena Williams, and before that Rod Stewart. This year he definitely got the most laughs. Jason got 2nd runner up as a riverdancer - you can see that pretty clearly in his dance. Daniel won as an umpalumpa (no idea how to spell that) from Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory. He also dressed up Kinley and Cole as umpalumpas. It was the best party yet. We had a twist competition, a balloon artist for the kids, a pinata, and just a bunch of hilarious dancing. I was Margot Tenenbaum from The Royal Tenenbaums. I knew I didn't have much chance to win cause I didn't think everyone there would have seen the movie (which they hadn't). Also, you really have to be funny to get the prize too - which Margot Tenenbaum isn't the most cheerful character. However, this was my best costume yet I think. The girls also had a blast. They were loving to dance, and at the end of the night spent their time pulling all of the candy off of Uncle Dan Dan's umpalumpa cart... attempting to sabotage the winner (good job girls).
Pre party polka dots before putting our ladybugs on.
My attempts to not smile like she never did in the movie. Go to http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1698928896/tt0265666 to check the comparison.
Papaw Erv and Emma... you should really click on this one to enlarge it so you can get the full effect of Russell's facial expression.







The costume competition winners and runner-ups

Jason and the riverdance

Russ and Daniel...

Russ and the girls dancing...


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im sure first place probably got the most laughs.

Martha Elaine Belden said...

amazing! what an awesome family you guys have :)

thanks for sharing, paige!

Anna Sue Moss said...

Hey Paige!

I found your blog and I am so glad that I did...your girls are beautiful! I have never seen a pic! I hope all is well. Adam and I are in New York now and we are loving it here.

Take care and I will follow along!
Much Love,

Sara Ritter Jonas

Cirsti said...

Love it!!!

paige said...

Daniel...Don't rub it in our faces. Don't you think three years of winning is enough.