PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

6.22.2009

Holy, Holy, Holy

Abby goes around the house, in the car, and really just anywhere in general now and will occasionally break out with her version of "Holy, Holy, Holy" which is, in my opinion, pretty close to the original. We got it on tape a couple of days ago. 
Yesterday we were headed out to the car to go over to Don Don and Pappy's and Abby started running away from us down the sidewalk. Russ told her to stop and she kept running and was going so fast she fell and busted her face on the concrete. Thankfully, she came away with a bloody nose and a goose egg on her forehead and not missing teeth and a concussion. Tonight, I was making broccoli and just took it off the stove and had gone to the sink -- I looked over to see Emma taking her hand off the burner and screaming. Two of her fingers were already blistered up and I spent the next hour and a half holding her as she held her little fingers out like she had a cast on. Anytime she forgot for a moment and grabbed something and it touched her fingers she screamed in pain. Again, thankfully it was not worse as it could have been. We have made it out of both situations with bad boo boos and hopefully really good lessons learned. Isn't that what God does with us sometimes?? I pray that I start to learn and grow more from the lessons He is trying to teach me.

3 comments:

Rebecca Bunnell said...

WOW! Ya'll have a very diverse list of songs at the Willingham home....from poop to holy, holy, holy. That is fantastic.

joe and karen said...

So sorry to hear about the girl's booboos....I was reading this entry to Joe and he could not believe his ears when you said you were cooking BROCOLLI......he said more, but I will let it go at that... miss yall
Karen

Amy Cavanaugh said...

ok so its official. You guys are adorable! the whole family. I loved what you said about the boos boos and lessons. I feel like that is exactly how it is in our walk with the Lord. I hope all is well!