PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

2.10.2009

18 months of Grace and Joy

The girls had their 18 month check-up last week. We found out that they are growing well --- Abby is in the 98th percentile for height and Emma in the 91st. Wow!! They have also gone up more in weight - the 37th and 34th percentiles. Abby weighs 24 lbs. 10 oz. and Em 24 lbs. 1.5 oz. Praise the Lord that they are healthy and growing.
I say it has been 18 months of grace and joy because not only is Emma's middle name Grace, and Abby means "a father's joy", but grace and joy have overflowed in these past months. Grace has come to me in so many ways. Mainly I feel that in my weakness his grace overflows. The days that I try to do it myself I can very quickly and very deeply feel a losing of the battle... and still He is gracious to give me a new day of grace and mercy to try again to let Him lead my day. I am in the middle of this, fighting daily with all the flesh I can muster to not spend time with Him, to not ask for help before I get so frustrated I already respond in sin, to wait and look to Him after I am already beaten down instead of filling my life with Him so that I can be lifted up. He is always gracious. Please Lord help me to learn quickly. Pure joy comes at least once on a daily basis when there is such a sweet and precious moment from one or both of the girls that my heart overflows with peace and joy. Like yesterday when I asked Emma to give me a kiss and she stopped what she was doing, smiled, leaned in, and kissed me with two adorable little lips of sweetness. Or when Abby melts into my arms with a big hug and says simply in her little girl voice, "Mommy". Little bits of joy that the Lord drops throughout our lives to show us a glimpse of the deepness of His love.
Some recent pictures of the girls. For those who might still need help determining who is who: the first is Emma, Abby the second, on the chair Abby is on the left, Em is standing in the sun, and Abby is in the last three, holding her bunny close in the last pic.







No comments: