
Over Memorial Day weekend Russ and us girls went to meet my parents at the Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort. I will try to keep short my over-zealous promotion of this resort, but if you have kids-- it is perfect!! They had movies on the lawn at night with blankets and a popcorn machine. They had a lazy river that floated around the pool, a waterslide, and a little beach area. You could rent out bicycles and scooters, there was hair braiding, horseback riding, glow in the dark putt putt, and on and on. A lot of the things the babies couldn't do yet, but it is only a 3 hour drive from Houston, and soooo much fun. There were kids everywhere, but it was still a really relaxing environment. Thank you Nana and Papa Smith for the trip. All that was missing was Uncle Joe. My parents watched the babies one day and Russ and I got to play golf together and have lunch and dinner out. A wonderful time. Emma and Abby ran and ran and ran all over that place.

Emma was chasing around a little gumdrop thing from the trees and throwing it. I don't know if I have mentioned yet, but Emma is a champion thrower. Right or left-handed, she can really launch stuff. It's pretty funny.

At the pool, for like an hour, they loved picking up the rocks on the side and dumping them in the water. One by one, over and over, they picked up and dropped, picked up and dropped. I think it was the highlight of the trip for them. Also floating around the lazy river in their little baby floats. They would kick and smile, as long as they are moving, they are happy.

Abby is handing Nana a rock. So sweet.

At the end of a tiring day, Abby snuggles with Papa Smith.

Nana and Abby playing.

The hurricane is almost in the gulf. Possible drive for us to Tyler depending on where Ike goes. That's what's coming up for us. Hope all is well with all of you friends. Have a joyous day!
4 comments:
Paige, I have so enjoyed finding and reading your blog! Your girls are just precious, and I am amazed and impressed with how well you have adjusted into mommyhood.
Who takes all the pictures you put up here? Whoever is behind the camera seems to have a bit of a gift for finding good shots, light, etc. Anyway, great shots! And I'm glad y'all are all doing so well :)
So, so sweet! The girls keep getting cuter. Seems impossible!
i can never get over how beautiful your babies are. and they're just so happy! of course, i'd never doubt that you and russell would have the happiest babies in the world :)
Charity begins at home.Nice parenting.
Post a Comment