Recently we put some little rocking chairs in the living room. The girls love them! (thank you Aunt Beth) They will periodically stop what they are doing and walk over to sit in them and try to rock back and forth. However, they have decided that they want to stand up in them... to which Russ and I will, in a very serious tone, say "No no". Then we will be greeted with a smile and the words "na no" which, in Emma's vocabulary mean no no. I don't think I have talked about our experience with "no". There are a few things I consistently say "no" to. Pulling on electrical cords (a good time to say no I think), sitting in the kitchen drawer (when they both do it it could break), and standing up in the rocking chair. All of these things now produce from the babies an interesting response. They will look at me, reach out for the outlet, smile, and say "na no". Hmmmm - not particularly the response we would like to see. It does make it difficult at times to maintain a strait face and firm demeanor. Also, a little spanking on the leg or hand brings out a laugh the majority of the time. Something is not quite right here. I am in the process of sticking with saying no the first time, then attempting to ignore the behavior (while keeping an eye out to make sure no one gets hurt. For those of you who teach or took the classes for it, ignoring the bad behavior should be familiar territory. It seems to work well with the outlet - but not the standing in the chair.
All for now.... will send update after the bday party.




2 comments:
Just when I think they couldn't get any cuter!!! Can't wait to see bday pics.
i can't get over how beautiful your girls are, paige! oh my goodness! they look SO much like you!
and that picture peeking around the playhouse... Adorable.
Post a Comment