PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

6.13.2014

waiting to see you

Your daddy had to go out of town for work so the kids and I spent the last week in Tyler doing this,

 and this
and this

With every single thing we were doing, and at every moment you were there in my mind and heart. Just as my other three are. A gift from the Lord. Even though I wait to see your face, you are already a part of our family. 

During naps and evenings I spent my time reading and researching. I'm soaking in anything and everything I can learn about your native country. I'm trying to prepare for anything and everything that will come our way when we finally hold you in our arms. Ultimately though I come back to the same place

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; In all of your ways submit to Him and He will make your paths straight."  Proverbs 3:5-6

And I ask Him to help me trust. And I pray for you. And I ask Him to prepare your tender heart for us. For this huge change that will soon be coming your way. I pray many things for you. I'll share them with you one day. And when I don't know what to pray because I'm to heartsick,

"But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience. Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God." Romans 8:25-27

Also I got started on the quilt we will bring you when we come to China.

Probably 15 times a day I would refresh my email to see if there was any news about when our dossier would be mailed to China. This morning I spent the first hour or so packing and getting ready to head home. In the afternoon, I was talking with a friend about you, and realized i had not checked my email in at least an hour (much too long when waiting for news like this). And there it was, subject line DTC. I started crying "happy tears" as I told your sisters and brother when I gave them the news. Poor Sam thought we were going to get to come get you right then. When he realized there would be more waiting he asked me to please not cry. I tried to stop the tears, but I wanted to scream as loud as possible with joy. I know there is a lot more waiting coming. Please Lord don't let it be too long before I can hold my boy.

The other day I walked over to see Emma had written this down…


I echo that buddy.

2 comments:

JLEvans said...

So sweet. So much to hold in your heart. Feeling joyful anticipation, restless anticipation and just an aching but sweet tenderness when I think about this journey and that sweet baby. You a tender and strong mama. I love the quilt. And that doll baby in your pictures is too precious.

paige said...

I love you friend! So grateful to have you and yours to walk through this journey with us...