russ has to go outside of the city to meet a customer once a year for work. which we have now turned into a little getaway for the two of us.
mostly we just eat a lot of delicious food and relax by the pool. except for this year we added in a celine concert.
i devoured four books from the moment we got to the airport to the moment we got back to tyler. mostly they were related to china, adoption, and orphanages.
my most favorite thing to do when i am taking time to relax: read a book with either a cold drink or a hot coffee.
truly i thought the dream was dead. i thought she was gone not to return and that i had missed the opportunity. but when we were looking into going, russ gave me the news that she had returned. my days of junior high and high school flooded back. she really does have an amazing voice. and i may have spontaneously shed a few tears when she began her first song. i cannot be held responsible for my emotions. frankly, i'm proud of it.
time away with my husband is wonderful.









3 comments:
Paige - I have seen the dream in Vegas. I was forever changed and will never ever ever ever apologize for listening to Celine while taking a bath on any given night singing as loud as I can. She is our little piece of God-created sound. So happy you got to go.
That is awesome! I'm pretty sure I remember belting out Celine songs with you in jr. high!
So glad you guys had a great time!
Post a Comment