PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

8.06.2009

A birthday with mommy and daddy

I am getting overdo for a bunch of blogs I have been wanting to write. So I will start with this one. Last Wednesday, the 29th, Emma and Abby turned 2! We spent the day trying to make it extra special for them. We both woke them up and brought them downstairs to see their "birthday tent" which is the project I had been working on for a few weeks to give them for the occasion.

We had a big breakfast (which they hardly ate because they are boycotting breakfast it seems), then my mother-in-law and I took them to Jump n Jungle (which is a favorite right now). Went swimming after nap and had a favorite meal for dinner. Next we gave them their cards that we recorded our voices in,
ate a huge cupcake with candles to blow out, and unveiled their Little Miss Flyer radio flyer tricycles.
It was out to the driveway for riding and doing sidewalk chalk. All in all, I think they had a wonderful birthday.





I am thankful to the Lord for two years of:
- two amazing gifts
- laughter
- hugs and kisses
- struggles turning to sanctification (I pray)
- singing songs
- joy
- knowing the depth of parental love
- playing games
- being the shoulder to cry on
- being the hands that tickle
- being the arms that hold
... and many more
Next to come - birthday party pictures.


1 comment:

Whitney Thompson said...

pager - your girls are so adorable! It's hard to believe they are now 2 years old! You are such a wonderful mom.